Airstream Caravans to Mexico
The second 2020 WBCCI Caravan is now taking registrations. (The first one is full) It is scheduled to run from Jan 7th, 2020 to March 18th, 2020. It will include an all inclusive trip to Copper Canyon by train and the route will take it through Colonial Mexico and up the west coast.
This page is operated by the contractor for this trip as an information resource, and a convenience for those coming through their website or a web search. All registrations are handled by the WBCCI, payments are processed by Caravanas de Mexico. In the event of discrepencies, information on the WBCCI site takes precedence.
There are 2 trips for 2020. The "3 Gems Tour" which is full, and the "Richness of Mexico" tour which has space. That trip runs Jan 7th to March 18th
Travel & Vehicle Insurance
It is up to you if you wish to protect yourself against having to cancel and we have no other party to substitute for you. You can purchase 3rd party trip cancelation insurance. This link also provides information on vehicle insurance in Mexico.
1) You must be a WBCCI member first. If you are not, click "the WBCCI Button above" to go to the WBCCI site and join before attempting to register for any trip. You will be directed to register after the WBCCI has confirmed your membership.
2) If you are a WBCCI member, Click "book" on the navigation bar above, fill the form, and the WBCCI rep will provide you with information on availability and then redirect you here to pay a deposit
3) Policies and costs are set out in accordance with the WBCCI Club, not the contractor, Caravanas de Mexico . Participants are the total responsibility of the WBCCI and its representative up until the time the caravan is officiallly handed over to Caravanas de Mexico, after all the border paperwork has been cleared. It is up to the WBCCI to ensure you are eligible to enter Mexico with your RV and have everything in order. The details section contains information on eligibility. The Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico will meet the group at the rendezvous point in the US to orient and assist it across the border.
4) Some more information is at this link https://wbccicaravan.wbcci.net/2020-caravans/
More Information from the Contractor, Caravanas de Mexico
Caravanas de Mexico is a registered Mexican Tour Company (see Certification document). We have been running RV Caravans for many seasons, plus providing tour services to competitors. We also run bus tours within Mexico. We are currently the only company running RV caravans (legally) deep into mainland Mexico. Baja is a possibility in future for Airstream. Our current Baja Tours are run by the Vagabundos del Mar Club of California, a partner of Caravanas de Mexico
1) Neither Caravanas de Mexico nor its representatives are responsible for any lack of, or mis-information. The WBCCI and/or its representatives are wholly responsible for preparing you for this trip.
2) This is a WBCCI trip contracted out to Caravanas de Mexico. Further information on this trip may also be found on the WBCCI site at https://wbccicaravan.wbcci.net/2020-caravans/
3) In the event of conflict of information between this site and the WBCCI, the information on the WBCCI site takes precedence.
4) You should download and print out the Medical Form and Waiver from Caravanas de Mexico and bring them with you. You will likely also have to fill out similar forms for the WBCCI.
5) The contacts button on the navigation bar will provide you with information to contact the WBCCI co-ordinator and also Caravanas de Mexico.
6) Do NOT pay any deposit until you are instructed to do so by the WBCCI representative